Welcome to Planning and Renovations
Recipient of the
President's Sustainability Leadership Award 2014
Our professional staff provides space planning, architectural and interior design services as well as space data management and drafting services. Our team consists of 4 planners, 4 architectural designers, 2 furnishing staff, 1 space data coordinator, 1 signage coordinator, 5 project coordinators, 1 administrative coordinator, and 2 managers. Our services include AutoCad, Revit, Photoshop, InDesign, MS Project, BIM and Excel. Several of our staff are LEED APs.
Annually we manage and execute approximately 250-300 projects. Our construction budget is approximately $15-20 million annually.
Our goal is to work with the York community, to plan and design renovations, select and purchase furniture and develop space use programs for new buildings. We also monitor design development of new projects to promote campus cohesiveness.
Planning and Renovations offers planning and design services to all sectors of the University. Our goal is to help create and maintain a quality learning and work environment, and to do so with important long term planning issues in mind. Our services range from initial space needs analysis to facilities design and project coordination--our staff can deliver a comprehensive proposal package. The unit's professional competencies include campus planning, space planning, facilities planning and design, financial feasibility analysis, project management and landscape architecture.
- Construction drawings for renovation projects
- Large scale plotting
- Feasibility studies
- Spacial analysis of client needs
- Furniture concept drawings
- Cost estimates
- Project schedules
- Long range space planning
- Space Allocation Database Information
- Space needs and use analyses
- Facilities planning and programming
- Long range building plans
- Financial feasibility analysis
- Consultation and review of construction and renovations
- Building renovations design, including layouts, finishes, furnishings, fixtures and ergonomics
- Assist in preparing space and facilities reports and drawings, facilities audit, analysis and design
- Prepare contract documents for tender
- Assist in technical review of capital projects in the design phase
- Provide capital project management services
- Construction project management
- Site supervision
- Tender documentation