To: The York Community,
Re - Service Requests and Fiscal Year End
Please note, we are currently working on some major university endorsed projects and considerable number of major renovations. This is a busy time of year with an overwhelming number of Service Requests submissions. Although we will make our best effort to complete the requests, we are unable to guarantee any delivery deadlines. Project completion is also dependent on the nature and size of the request/project. Only Service Requests submitted and received before the end of February 2017, will be considered for completion for this fiscal year end (April 2017).
Planning and Renovations handles all furniture requirements. Through the tender process, we determine University furnishing standards based on required needs, ergonomic compliance, cost and service. Our team:
- Provide planning/design solutions
- Determines furniture standards (chairs, workstations, files, etc.) giving thought to the needs of the University, ergonomics and required service.
- Researches and sources product outside of the standard offerings when required (ie. specialty chairs, sit-stand desks).
- Assists and make recommendations for finishes.
- Prepares quotes and budgets as required.
- Coordinates all installation and deliveries.
- Coordinates service calls and ensures that deficiencies are all addressed.
York University faculty, staff and administration are required to purchase furniture from York University approved suppliers through Planning.
How to Order
Furniture for Existing Space
- Customer communicates need to Planning via an online Service Request (SR).
- SR is assigned to appropriate department within Campus Services and Business Operations.
- Customer will be contacted by Campus Services and Business Operations to confirm requirements or set up meetings as necessary.
- Meets with customers.
- Completes site conditions and inventory as necessary ensuring accurate measurements of space and furniture.
- Provides efffective furniture and planning solutions to suit client needs.
- Provides formal quotes for furniture.
- Provides pricing options and product recommendations to customer if the furniture requires additional components or falls outside of the standard price/specifications.
- Places the order once the customer confirms the item(s) and approves pricing.
- Coordinates installation/deliveries.
Furniture for New Construction or Major Capital Projects
- End user in conjunction with Planning determines the requirements and Planning will follow appropriate acquisition method in conjunction with the University Policy on Procurement of Goods and Services.
Note: Furniture standards are established by Campus Services and Business Operations and are based on a complete product review and in accordance with industry and ergonomic standards. York University approved dealers and manufactures are selected to ensure Yorks' furniture and service standards are maintained from production to after-sales service. Planning will manage the order process, apply industry standards and develop and apply ergonomic standards in conjunction with the Health, Safety and Employee Well-Being Office.